Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's for Dinner?

Everyday about 4 o'clock I think oh I should go and start dinner...about an hour later I am getting hungry and so I decide ok GO AND START DINNER.

Then reality kicks in and I realize its too late to get meat out of the freezer, should have done that at lunch so it could thaw out. It's too late for a package crockpot meal, should have done that at breakfast, casseroles are too labor intensive at this point and will take too long, even baked potatoes are out of the question. (unless you want gross microwave ones)

So my choices are look in the fridge and realize most of everything needs to be thrown out, Spaghetti, or Grilled Cheese. Because yesterday was Mac n' Cheese, and the day before that was hot dogs, then my poor (hungry) husband is on his own. (because he won't eat that crap)

I have cookbooks, bought the "turbo cooker from a 800 number (that I promised if I got it I would cook, which I sold at our last garage sale after never using it for 6 years), tried software that generates the menu, recipes, and shopping list but nothing seems to work for me. And my poor family is starting to get really picky and skinny (well not really, but we are definitely not following the food triangle or whatever new shape they use now)

Then of course whenever I cook, which IS most every night, someone is usually not happy with their choice. Then there is the threats that they can't get down until they eat everything off their plate. But that doesn't ever really happen, then its reduced to 3 bites just to get them to shut-up and go somewhere else.

Somebody please say they have figured this out and tell me the secret!

3 comments:

Abby Fowers said...

Oh, its wonderful to know I am not alone in this. I do the same thing. It's a curse. I am even worse now, since I've been feeling nauseous and NOTHING sounds good. My poor family.

Destini said...

I haven't figured it out either and please let me know when you do find out the secret to this. I am afraid I will get worse when I have this baby. I sure feel sorry that your family has to put up with the same thing as mine. I hope someone out there has some answers.

Chad said...

Maybe its good that I don't have kids.

 
business degree programs