Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blogging Extras

Some of you have asked me about Google Analytics and my Windows Live Writer.

Google Analytics is easy to use and so interesting to see where people are coming from to your site. This works with any website where you can copy and paste html code.

My Dabling in Digital blog has had visitors from Japan, China, Australia, Netherlands, Spain, Mexico. Its fun to see who found me through google, and see what keywords they used to find me and see how long they were on the site and what pages they looked at.

First click on this link to get Google Analytics

Log into your Google account (same as your blogger account) and follow the steps.

Then on your blog you just go to Layout>Add a Gadget (at the Bottom) and scroll down to choose HTML/JavaScript.

Then add the code that Google Analytics generated for you and your done.

Then you can see all kinds of information of who has been on your site and where their from and so much more.

I always just either go to google.com and log in and click on analytics from my account to see the reports or from your blogger dashboard you can also click 'Account' and it takes you to your google account.

When I post to my blog I use Windows Live Writer. It is a program that installs on your computer and I have a shortcut on my desktop, where I can blog from without even going to blogger.com or my blog and log in. I can draft a bunch of posts and post later. It is so handy. It makes blogging so much easier!

Click here to get Live Writer

1 comment:

Patterson5 said...

Great info! Hey I hope you and your Mom had fun the other night. Ammon and Matt went out that night for a one on one night so I was home with the other two. But I'm still planning on a birthday dinner!

 
business degree programs