Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day in CA

Tomorrow we hop on a plane and head for Disneyland to spend Thanksgiving with the Porters. Its become a tradition to go to Disney every other year as a family. We love it. More than anyone my Dad loves it. As his eyesight is becoming worse its more important for us to go on vacations together.

When I was younger and living at home almost every Christmas instead of getting presents we went on a trip. We got a few things from Santa and a few things from Grandma. But for the most part our parents gave us a trip. We always knew one day Dad would lose his eyesight and he loves to go on vacation so I think its really important that we do these sort of things. 

I think another reason is that he is stuck in the house, can never go anywhere unless someone takes him. Since they moved to Mt Green  it has been harder for him to get out. So going on vacation gives him freedom.

The kids have been counting down, and are excited to go and I am really excited I don't have to do any cooking!

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

6 comments:

Abby Fowers said...

That is a wonderful family tradition! And I love the idea of doing a trip for Christmas rather than presents... it's really about being together as a family, not about the gifts! Have a great Thanksgiving trip!

Stacie said...

How fun! I hope your dad is doing well. I remember him always being so nice.

Becca Jo said...

I am jealous!! Have fun and post some pics when you get back! :)

Destini said...

How fun I didn't know you went that often. Two years ago we did that the week after Thanksgiving and it has been what we want to do ervy year now. Great tradition!

Patterson5 said...

Have a great time!! Tell your fam hi for me. I can't wait to see the pictures! You always take such fun ones!

Stacie said...

You always get to go to Disneyland! I am jealous, as are my children. What a fun tradition. I wish that we could afford a tradition like that! :)

 
business degree programs