Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Shopping

So tomorrows the day that I am going to start my Christmas shopping. I am really cutting back this year and I think I can get all my store shopping done in one day. I have a few things to buy online (I *heart* online shopping)

So we'll see how it goes.

As far as cutting back I a great concept from someone. They only bought their kids 3 gifts because that's how many Jesus got. So I loved the idea. I am planning on having a lesson on it so I can explain it to my kids. But they are young enough I think the transition will be easy. In the past I always overdid it. I felt like mom and dad should give the most gifts vs Grandma and Grandpa's. I have let it go now and really hope they follow suit. But I feel less stressed and not so commercialized myself since making the decision.

3 comments:

Patterson5 said...

I LOVE the idea of three gifts like the ones the wise men gave. Thanks for the thought!
When are you closing your pampered chef party? I love their stuff!

Shannon said...

The Pampered chef party closes December 12

Abby Fowers said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea about giving 3 gifts! Absolutally darling. I think I might need to take up that tradition myself. I hate going overboard, but I am being more mellow this year. Thanks for the idea there. That is a good way to help keep the Christmas spirit!

By the way... that was SO fun to run into you at the mall! Good seein' ya!

 
business degree programs