Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer Highlights

K so I haven't been blogging very well this summer. SO here is a bit of an overview

Swimming lessons: Maddie and Jack had their first year of swimming lessons at the Clearfield Aquatic Center. It went good. Maddie loved it and it took Jack a little warming up to the idea. Some days were better than others. Sam was a handful but luckily they have a daycare so I usually sent him there for an hour.

IMG_0120

IMG_0140

IMG_0184

IMG_0209

IMG_0131

Madisons Bday:

July 1st Maddie turned 7! I can't believe it. She is growing up so fast! We had a swimming party for her at the house with just a few friends and cousins.

IMG_0007

IMG_0016

IMG_0046

IMG_0050

 

Minnesota:

So I was in Minnesota for a Creative Memories Convention. I was gone for 5 days and the kids really had a hard time while I was gone. (Mostly Jack.) But it was a much needed break for me. For two days I got to R&R at Vicki Morgan's Lakehouse, which was soooo relaxing. Then back to Minneapolis for the Convention.

IMG_0344

IMG_0345

IMG_0348

IMG_0349

IMG_0421

IMG_0341

Summer is not summer without a day at Cherry Hill:

We of course went to Cherry Hill and to my surprised ran into Stacie from B.F.E. down for a day of swimming fun. Sam had his first bowl of Ice Cream and LOVED it! And Jack was looking forward to the Pirate Ship all day. Maddie's favorite is the warm Lazy River. She would spend all day in there if she could. And this year she was way too cool to wear water wings. Sam didn't like the water AT ALL! We did get him to float with grandpa in the Lazy River as long as the water wasn't touching him. Oddly enough he loves the bath.

IMG_0242 IMG_0248

IMG_0252

IMG_0254

IMG_0285

IMG_0277

 

Porter Family Reunion: Every year the Porter Family rents out Surf n' Swim for the reunion. So it happened to land on the day that I came home from Minnesota. So I came from the airport straight to Layton Park. So I was so lazy and did not get my camera out to take pictures. But by the end of the night Sam got in the water! And Maddie and Jack had a great time. I just don't have the photos to prove it.

I'll end it here since this is so long already!

3 comments:

WheelersFamily said...

Looks like you are having a fun but busy summer. Maddy's birthday party looked fun. She is getting so big.

Stacie said...

It's about time you updated! j/k- It was good to see you at Cherry Hill! We should have gone there together! Your kids are so cute! You have an adorable fam!

Amber said...

You guys had a fun packed summer. I am so glad you got to go to the convention. I hope it went well. Love all the pics of your kids, they are growing up so fast.I cant believe how big Jack is!

 
business degree programs