Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dabling household drama

Sorry for the lack of posting....we had a flood last week in our basement. Our water heater hit the dust and leaked 30 gallons or more of water in my studio. We had to replace the water heater, pull up the carpet, rip out the padding, suck out the rest of the water from the carpet and let it dry out. Then Tuesday we had to re-lay the carpet and replace the pad. So that on Wednesday I could have the carpet cleaners still come. I had them scheduled before the flood happened. I am so glad I moved it back a week than we were thinking. But needless to say life this week has been hectic.

But today...the basement is back to normal, and not as musty smelling.

Proof that Life goes on....

6 comments:

Becca Jo said...

Oh that stinks!! Been there done that a few times. Glad it is all back to normal. Well what is normal?

WheelersFamily said...

Yea that is the pits. We enjoyed your goulash recipe. I desperately need new recipes. I am going to add one tomorrow... just for you. ( :
Thanks for the picture. Did you see my Mom paid?

Abby Fowers said...

OH NO! Flooded basements are the worst! I'm sorry to hear about it, but glad that you managed to get everything taken care of AND BEFORE the carpet cleaners came! That's always good. :) You're right... life goes on! (Love that!)

Amy said...

Oh... the joys of having a house. Our basement has flooded as well and it is not a fun clean up job. I am glad you got everything taken care of and that life has gone on :)

Shannon said...

Thanks guys....I am so glad to have friends like you! Yes sara, I saw the money in my account, can't wait to see your recipe!

Amber said...

Oh I am so sorry Shannon! I have been there done that! I am glad you were able to salvage the carpet though. Life does go on or like I say sometimes "If its not one thing, its another!" Oh the joys of home ownership!

 
business degree programs